Time to setup20 minutes
Introduction: What is the Candidate Recruitment Template?
The process of recruiting can be very daunting and time-consuming. This is exactly the reason why at
Advantages compared to already existing Recruitment systems:
- Fast setup
- Low cost
- Based on mature online services
- Google Account
- Typeform PRO account (we don’t support the free version for now). If you don’t have such an account, sign up for a PRO trial to test this solution.
How does the solution work?
- The candidate fills in the Typeform survey (which you can embed on your site or just send a link to a candidate) that is linked to your
SheetgoGoogle Sheets template.
- The data filled in by the applicants automatically enters that spreadsheet.
- A score is automatically being calculated for each applicant based on their submission.
- You, as a recruiter, review the applications and decide whether or not to invite an applicant to a phone interview.
- Based on your decision, an approval or dismissal email will
be sendto the applicant.
Follow the steps below to set up and configure your Typeform/Google Sheets integration.
Make a copy of the Google Sheets
Click here to configure your Recruitment Template. Select ‘Make a copy’ to copy the spreadsheet and make your own version. Click on ‘Install Solution’ to configure your Recruiting Template. Wait for a couple of seconds and accept the authorization and login to your Typeform account. This will create a copy of the Typeform survey. You will have to click the link that takes you to the Form configuration so you can connect the TypeForm to your spreadsheet.
After that, connect the newly created Typeform survey with this spreadsheet by going to ‘Connect’ > ‘Google Sheets’ > ‘Existing’ and paste the URL of this spreadsheet.
After connecting your Recruitment Solution spreadsheet to the Typeform, click on ‘View‘ to open the Typeform form and submit a test application.
Manage the Sheet and applicationsAfter submitting a test application in your Typeform and adding a ‘=‘ before the formula in cell A1, the information should enter into the tab ‘Candidate Database’ (columns A-O). These columns contain information about the applicant as well as his rating score. The higher the score, the more suitable he is for the position. At this
Email configurationThe Google Sheet comes with a specific sheet tab ‘Email Configuration’. On this tab, you can customise the messages that are being sent by the system. There are three different emails:
- Thank you email once an applicant submits his application
- Rejection email once you set column P to ‘No’ to not invite an applicant to a phone interview
- Approval email once you set column P to ‘Yes’ to invite an applicant to a phone interview