How to access Google Add-ons:It is really simple to get add-ons for Sheets. The easiest way is to click the links below. This will take you to the Google Workspace Marketplace. Just click the Installbutton, and the add-on will be added to your Sheets account. Alternatively, you can get the add-on by following these steps:
- Open a spreadsheet
- Click the Add-ons button in the navigation menu
- Click the Get add-ons button
- A window will pop up for you to browse
- Click on any add-on to get more details about it
- Click the Install button to get an Add-on
Best add-ons for Human Resources
Not to toot our own horn, but Sheetgo is loved by HR departments. Sheetgo users know there are a lot of different ways to boost their spreadsheets with the add-on. Consolidate, filter, append, and distribute data.
Employees can track hours or expenses on a single sheet, and you can consolidate them all into one master sheet and dashboard.
Alternatively, take a look at Sheetgo’s ready-to-use Human Resources templates here.
2. Employee Onboarding AppThis Employee Onboarding App can help you accomplish two things: streamline your onboarding process and save time. You can use it to hire interns or employees, or even onboard new clients. It automates welcome or offer letters, IT setup, and training information. For example, you can send a candidate an offer letter and then set them up with email, contacts, a calendar, etc. Have a streamlined process to speed up onboarding while making sure you don’t miss any important steps. It is super easy to set up — it takes about two minutes, only requires basic Google Sheets knowledge, and integrates seamlessly with Google Workspace.
3. TimeSheetTimesheet is a whole new approach to how we track our time! This great add-on for human resources uses Google Calendar as a time recording tool. It sounds complicated, but it is super easy to set-up, track time, and manage.
This add-on would be great for both in-house employees and remote teams. Remote teams often have to meet at various times throughout the day depending on time zones. And this add-on can help employees successfully track all of their time. Users can create a separate Google calendar for work, and use this add-on to create reports that they can easily share with the HR department.
4. AppSheetThe AppSheet add-on is a dream come true. Now, anyone can create an app just using a spreadsheet. It sounds a bit intimidating at first, but it is designed for people who don’t know how to code.
So what does a Human Resources department need an app for? There are so many possibilities! You can create a contact list, a checklist, or a calendar for your company. You could also create an app that allows employees to review company rules, benefits, etc. If you really wanted to be creative, you could even create training modules!
5. Linkedin ProspectorThe Linkedin Prospector add-on allows you to search Linkedin profiles in bulk. This is another great way to begin to automate and speed up processes. Recruiting good employees can take a lot of time and energy if you are manually searching the web for candidates.
Use this tool to find profiles in bulk, and automatically put them into a convenient spreadsheet.
Top add-ons for Human Resources
This was our selection of some of the best Google Sheets add-ons for Human Resources. Use them to automate your manual work going from tracking employee working hours, updating contract information, to hiring new employees.
Editor’s note: This is a revised version of a previous post that has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.