Today’s fast-paced digital world is characterized by the need for efficient document-sharing and archiving solutions. Google Docs is a popular online word-processing platform, which has gained widespread recognition. This popularity is largely due to its collaborative features and ease of use. However, there are instances when it is necessary to convert these dynamic documents into more universally accessible formats, such as PDF.
This demand has led to the development of automated solutions that streamline the process of converting Google Docs to PDFs. This benefit offers users a convenient way to share and preserve their documents while ensuring compatibility across devices and platforms. While it is possible to manually convert Google Docs to PDF in a variety of ways, wouldn’t it be even better if you could do this automatically?
This article will explore the benefits of automatically converting Google Docs to PDFs. The guide also examines the tools and methods available to accomplish this task effortlessly.
Ready to streamline your data?
How to convert Google Docs to PDF automatically
Reasons to convert Google Docs to PDF files
The PDF has been around for a while. However, it is still the fail-safe option for sharing files both internally and externally for businesses. Converting Google Docs to PDF files offers several benefits and serves various purposes:
- Preserving Document Formatting: Google Docs allows for dynamic editing and collaboration. However, the formatting may sometimes change when opened on different devices or software. Converting to PDF ensures that the document’s properties remain consistent, regardless of the viewing platform. These properties may include layout, fonts, images, and formatting.
- Universal Compatibility: PDF is a widely accepted file format that can be opened and viewed on virtually any device or operating system. This can be done without the need for specific software. Converting Google Docs to PDF ensures that recipients can access and view the document effortlessly.
- Offline Access: Google Docs is primarily an online platform. However, PDF files can be downloaded and saved locally on a device for offline access. Converting important Google Docs to PDF allows users to access and review documents even when an internet connection is unavailable.
Connect, merge, filter or split your spreadsheets
How to convert Google Docs to PDF file manually
The manual conversion of a Google Doc to a PDF file requires following these steps:
- Open the Google Doc you want to convert to a PDF.
- Click on the “File” menu at the top left corner of the Google Docs interface.
- From the drop-down menu, hover over the “Download” option and select “PDF Document” from the sub-menu. This will initiate the conversion process.
- A pop-up window will appear. This window allows you to choose the location on your computer where you want to save the PDF file. Select the desired folder or location, and click on the “Save” button.
- Google Docs will convert the document to PDF format. Then, the file will be downloaded to your chosen location on your computer.
Converting Google Docs to PDF is easy. Still, it could happen that the export may not be accurate. You may encounter an error. If so, there is a simple solution at hand.
You may convert a Google doc to a .docx file. Then, make use of a WORD to PDF converter. The PDF document will be ready for download without any hassle.
Using Sheetgo to convert Google Docs to PDF automatically
Using the Sheetgo web app will help you automatically convert all of your Google Docs into PDFs ready to share. However, Sheetgo automates your entire process.
- Register on Sheetgo
To get started, you may simply make use of your Google, Dropbox, or Microsoft account. Registration on Sheetgo is quite easy. So, sign up now!
- Then, configure your source files
You may start once you get these two resources:
- A source data file
- A document template.
The first step is to set up your Source data file. This file should include all of the dynamic information needed to create your documents and share them.
Besides this, you also need a document template in Google Docs. You will find the right foundational content required for all your new documents.
Furthermore, Sheetgo will automatically substitute the threshold as the variable placeholder for the dynamic data available in your source file.
- Create a new workflow
Open up the Sheetgo web app. After this, select + New workflow. Then, you may proceed to build a new workflow and select Connect files.
It is imperative that you name the workflow with a project name.
- Choose your source file
Then, choose your source data file. You may select single or multiple spreadsheets as your source data. Then, upload the appropriate file to the app and choose the proper tab where your data is located
- Your document template should be connected to your source file
The aim is to automatically generate a new document in Sheetgo. For this, ensure that your source file is connected with the document template. Then, scroll down to the Generate section and choose the option for Documents.
After this, upload your document template here. Then, you should specify the name and location for the documents that Sheetgo will automatically generate. Always remember that you can create dynamics and personalized document names with the variable placeholders mentioned above.
- Automatically convert your new documents into PDF
The next step is for Sheetgo to generate a PDF version of the new document. There is a “Pick a next step” option. Under this section, choose the PDF option. This will help you save your new assets as PDFs. Then, you can create a new folder for the PDF versions of your document. You may also add them to an existing one.
The ability to convert Google Docs to PDF files automatically provides a significant advantage in terms of efficiency and consistency. Users can leverage automated solutions to streamline the process of conversion into a universally compatible format. This process saves valuable time and effort. The automatic conversion ensures that the document properties remain intact. This benefit eliminates the risk of inconsistencies that may occur with manual conversions. The use of Sheetgo makes this automation process convenient and easy to use. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up on Sheetgo now.