Have ever used a Google Sheets invoice template? If you are still invoicing your customers manually, you should consider using it.
There are many reasons why you should give invoice templates a try. If you are sitting on the fence, read on and find out about the main benefits of using invoice templates, best practices for their implementation, and how to create a template that suits all your needs.
What are invoice templates?
It’s common knowledge that selling a product or service is crucial for businesses of all sizes. However, closing the sale is just the beginning. Fulfilling orders and delivering the service are essential steps in building a good customer relationship.
Once the product or service has been provided, it’s time to generate and send invoices to request payment. Although generating an invoice doesn’t take nearly as long as closing a sale or delivering a service, we shouldn’t downplay the importance of this critical step in the sales process.
That being said, creating an invoice from scratch isn’t the most efficient way to collect payment from customers. By using an invoice template, you can speed up your invoicing process and save valuable time.
An invoice template is a pre-made document that you can edit and customize easily. Basically, it provides a pre-designed layout with placeholders you can replace with your customer details, product descriptions, payment terms, and so on.
Not only can invoice templates help you save considerable time, but they can also help you ensure consistency in design, structure, formatting, and content.
Benefits of using invoice templates
There are many benefits of using invoice templates. Some of these benefits include:
- Saving time: as we have mentioned before, using templates will save you some valuable time because it eliminates the need to create a new invoice from scratch whenever you have to request payment.
- Accuracy: when you use a template, you’re less likely to make mistakes or to forget any useful information. All you have to do is replace the placeholders in order to fill in the fields.
- Consistency: by using a template, you can maintain consistency in design and content. All your invoices will have the same layout and information.
- Professionalism: templates can make your invoices look more professional. You can customize your invoice template to match your branding and your design.
Why use a Google Sheets invoice generator?
When you use an invoice template in Google Sheets, you can take advantage of some extra benefits:
- It’s free: you can sign up for free and use Google Sheets without spending a dime.
- Integration: Google Sheets integrates seamlessly with other Google Workspace tools, such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides and Gmail.
- Working with a tool most people know how to use: Google Sheets is a very popular tool that users all over the world are familiar with.
- Flexibility: you can easily edit and customize your spreadsheets to tailor your business needs.
- Collaboration: you can share it with your team members for free and grant them access to all your data and your invoice template.
- Cloud storage in Google Drive: you can store your data safely and securely in Google Drive without saving your files on your computer.
Best practices for using Google Sheets invoice templates
When you use a Google Sheets invoice generator, make sure you follow some best practices to make the process more efficient.
Keep your data safe: invoices can contain sensitive information, so you should store them securely and safely. For instance, you can use Google Drive, which is one of the safest cloud storage platforms, to store your files and keep them safe.
Organize your files: use Google Drive to organize all your files and keep records of all your invoices. First, create subfolders. Then use descriptive file names and maintain consistency. Using a file naming convention will help you identify your files and find the invoices you are looking for.
Customize your template: make sure you customize your template to match your branding and design. These details can demonstrate professionalism and build customer trust.
Focus on clarity: organize all the information, focusing on clarity and readability. In order to avoid misunderstanding, customers should be able to read and understand all the information at all times.
Follow up: keep track of all invoices and payments. Don’t forget to follow up on overdue payments by sending reminders.
Automate your invoice processing: by streamlining your invoice processing, you can speed up the process and reduce the risk of errors. This will help you save time and prevent some costly mistakes.
How to create an invoice template in Google Sheets
Sheetgo has an invoice template in Google Sheets that automates the entire process of generating and sending invoices. With Sheetgo, you can generate invoices from your Google spreadsheets and send personalized emails to your customers automatically. It’s an automated invoice generator that you can set up with just a few clicks.
Why use Sheetgo’s invoice generator?
- Streamline your invoice processing from start to finish: Sheetgo provides an entire workflow that takes you from entering invoice data, all the way to sharing the final product with recipients. With just a few clicks, you can complete your entire invoice process easily and effortlessly.
- Input data automatically into your invoice document with Sheetgo forms: Sheetgo provides useful forms where you can input your invoice data. Sheetgo then automatically inserts this data into an invoice document template, ready to be shared. By using Sheetgo forms to input your data, you can protect your spreadsheet, speed up data entry and reduce the risk of errors.
- Turn your invoices into PDF automatically: using Sheetgo’s document generation feature, you can generate invoice PDFs effortlessly – the perfect file format to send to your clients.
- Automatically send invoices via Gmail: after generating your invoices from your Google Sheets, Sheetgo can send personalized emails to your customers automatically via Gmail.
- Customize and build on your workflow to suit your needs: workflows are developed with customization in mind. You can easily build on your workflow and adapt it to your business needs, so you get the most out of your invoice generation.
- Easy to use with existing tools: the entire workflow runs based on connections between Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Gmail; tools that are well-known and used by users already.
- Keep your data safe: Sheetgo doesn’t store your data. All your data is stored securely in Google Drive.
- Click the button below to automate your invoice processing with Sheetgo.
Spreadsheet-based workflow template to generate invoices in PDF and send via Gmail.